LAS VEGAS, NV. (January 24, 2012) – Raising healthy, sustainable shrimp in a unique environment is the business model of Blue Oasis Pure Shrimp and they were recognized for their state-of-the-art science with the Innovation Award at the 5th Annual … Continue reading
Blue Oasis has an aggressive growth plan and will be expanding across the US. If you are interested in a career opportunity in the exciting world of aquaculture please complete the online application.
A fax copy will be accepted at (702) 463-0600.
Current Job Opening
Director of New Business Development and Marketing
Travel Required: 5% – 10% (primarily southwestern and southern states — Los Angeles, San Diego, Phoenix, etc.)
Level/Salary Range: Base plus Commission
The Director of New Business Development serves as the key member of the Ganix Bio-Technologies Sales and Marketing team responsible for prospecting business, closing sales and creating consumer demand for Blue Oasis Pure Shrimp. This individual will be the primary customer contact for the Blue Oasis Pure Shrimp brand and will “own the relationship” on behalf of Ganix Bio-Technologies.
The Director of New Business Development and Marketing is responsible for sales, new business development, cross and up selling within a client organization, customer/consumer education on product features/benefits and development of the appropriate marketing tools for the brand. This includes industry and local networking, prospecting new customers, properly qualifying new prospects, understanding customer sales needs and development/execution of a marketing plan. This position is instrumental in helping Ganix Bio-Technologies meet both its revenue and profitability goals.
This position is a high-profile growth opportunity that demands a highly motivated individual with strong sales, communications, marketing, and business consultative skills. An in-depth knowledge of the seafood and restaurant industry is imperative. This individual must be able to qualify the needs of a client and needs to have flexible communication styles as this person will interact with distributor representatives, purchasing and all levels of restaurant management to the Executive Chef level of 5 star restaurants.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain a functional understanding of all Ganix Bio-Technologies products and services.
- Be an expert as it relates to Blue Oasis Pure Shrimp.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the fresh, frozen and live shrimp markets (competitive product, packaging and processing options, pricing, logistics and distribution, distributors, cost components, etc.). Knowledge of the food service industry.
- Be the “voice” (communication funnel) that educates internal management on the marketplace and customer needs. Become the communicator of “facts” to help Ganix make better business decisions.
- Understand and communicate all aspects of marketing to consumers and customers.
- The ability to prioritize resource utilization on those marketing tactics that generate the highest return on capital.
- Develop project concepts and project proposals to solve customer needs and requirements.
- Coordinate efforts with Chief Operations Officer (COO) to meet deadlines, project commitments and margin & revenue expectations.
- Work with COO to effectively schedule the use of technical resources to support any testing efforts related to new sales or packaging initiatives.
- Co-ordinate activities related to sales support for prospects and both external and internal customers.
- Convince prospects of the value of our Pure Shrimp product. This includes development and delivery of key pre-sales presentations and materials and the ability to close the loop on marketing or custom sales collateral campaigns and calculate ROI.
- Perform initial sales qualification and solution requirements summary for the customer.
- Qualify and co-ordinate samplings and server education demos/videos to assist in the sales process.
- Leverage relationships within client organizations to identify potential sales hurdles (certifications required, system sku and price set up, contractual needs, etc.).
- Interface with customers at a business level and propose solutions in real time.
- Work with CEO/President and the rest of the senior management team to determine areas of priority and to determine best use of internal assets and allocation of resources.
- Reports directly to the CEO.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum 4 years experience in sales/marketing.
- Minimum 4 years experience in seafood and food service industries.
- Strong marketing, sales, project management, financial analysis, and food service business skills required.
- Strong business connections in the food service industry are mandatory; connections into the Asian live food service industry considered a plus.
- Excellent organizational, customer service and communication skills.
- Professional sales presentation skills.
- Ability to explain technical topics (farm operations production process) to non-technical clients.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Excel, Word and Power Point expertise are preferred.